Sep

Congratulations Hines!

Hey Hines Ward fans, this is Hines’ IT team coming at you.  In case you didn’t know, the White House just issued an official press release last night announcing that President Obama has given Hines a Presidential appointment to his Advisory Commission on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders.  What a big honor for our guy!  The Steelers all-time leading receiver, Super Bowl MVP, and now Presidential appointee? Is there anything he can’t do?  Hats off to Hines!  Steeler Nation should rise up and be proud.

181 thoughts on “Congratulations Hines!

1. Denise

I agree with Jim, You definitely deserve it, although I am not a fan of Obama, but a BIG FAN of my favorite Steeler player. You certainly are a CLASS ACT!!
        Congratulations

1. Takima Brown

Congrats Hines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It’s beautiful to have 1 of our greatest players being recognized by the President. You very much deserve it baby! Make the Steeler Nation and the world proud! Love you much!!

2. Debra Moats

I think that you are such a inspiration to all!!! Nobody deserves this more than you! Keep up the great work!

3. Debra moats

I think that you are such a great role model for everyone. Nobody deserves this more than you do! Keep up the great work!

4. Seijra Toogood

Congratulations on your Presidential Appointment Hines! What an honor to receive from our President- I know that you must be thrilled! Well deserved indeed:)

1. Dana

Hines that is awesome news! As a part of the Steeler Nation here in Alabama congratulations! Looking forward to an exciting season!

2. Patrick Manning

Way to go Hines. That is a big honor and I know you will be able to do it. That will be a great career move after football.

1. ELOISE

WAY TO GO HINES WARD I WANT TO SAY THAT IM A BIG STELLERS FAN GOOD LUCK WITH ALL YOU DO CRONGRATS TO YOU MAY GOD KEEP ON BLESSING YOU IN EACH AND EVERY WAY TAKE CARE ELOISE HARGER OF PRERSCOTT ARIZONA

2. Bruce Mercke

bestowed All-ACC honors I know for sure that UGA is in the SEC not ACC. I hope someone can fix this error in his bio.

3. Ruthann Recher

What an honor for Hines. This is a man that not only should our steeler nation rise up and be proud, but the whole country he is showing what a super sports figure should be to younger fans and everyone. I just wish that someday I could meet him and shake his hand and say thank you…

1. Sharon Stowell

Well said … The ability to be called an American comes from LVING the dream not expecting it to fall in your lap. Hines has proven he iS a great sports personality, mentor for children of America,and he gives back to the Country that gave to him. More athletes should take this role as well aS More Americans. Congrats Hines, you will do a fantastic job!

4. Lynne

We are VERY proud of Hines and what a great role model he is!!!!

Thank you Hines for being a great guy and awesome football player!

5. Linda Atcher

Hines, you ARE the man! Met you with my Grandson at Saint Vincent in Latrobe a couple of years ago and you were one of the few that really took an interest in the fans. Your interest will never be forgotten by that little guy. He thinks you’re the greatest! I know you will do an absolutely wonderful job in this new appointment. Do us all a favor and get Obama straightened out! LOL Good Luck – We love you!

6. cheryl

OMG! Already knew you were an amazingman and now the worls will know! What an honor you have been given! PRAISE THE LORD!

7. Patty Biondillo

Hines, you never cease to amaze me. You are THE MAN!!!! You have to feel very proud. I know you will do a great job. Everyone knows what kind of person you are on and off the field. Congrats to you!!! Good Luck!!! You are one of my favorite Steeler!!!!!!

8. phillip green

congrats hines your makin us proud.whod of ever known that skinny kid from babb middle school would go this far..good job man

9. Eileen & Mike Plescia

What an honor Hines. You must be soooooooooooooo proud to be recognized so highly. Congratulations from Steeler Nation in Fort Myers, Florida and best wishes for a great season!

10. Jessie Willis

Congratulations Hines, you deserve it.. You guys ROCK as a football team. I just cannot get myself enough of those STEELERS.. Tell the rest of the team Jessie Willis said keep up the good work and I am glad as a toddler I chose the STEELERS to be my FAVORITE team.. (#1 fan Jessie Willis)

11. Susan

What a sensible, and now that I’m thinking about it–obvious decision for our president to make! :) I have no doubt you will represent Asian American beautifully; with class, intelligence and good humor. Congratulations! What a well-deserved honor for one of my favorite Steelers ever!

12. Gina Stiles

A well deserved honor for you Hines! So very proud for you! The Steeler Nation in Alabama congratulates you on another awesome accomplishment!!

13. Lisa

CONGRADULATION’S HINES! YOU SO DESERVE IT! LOVE YA! :) GO STEELER’S! HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING THAT LITTLE BABY BOY OF YOUR’S ALSO :)

1. Charlie D

Congratulations Hines! The President could not have picked anyone better than you to receive this honor. You deserve it and I am sure that your family is so very proud of you.

14. Jonnie

Pittsburgh is so proud of you and all of your accomplishments. You are a wonderful roll model for our children. Congratulations you really deserve this honor. Keep up that beautiful smile, we love you!

15. Linda

Hines,

Congratulations on this honor. You are the best. You give from your heart to the kids. God blesses you in return. Good luck this year. I am one your number one fans. Go Pittsburgh!

16. ediebuxton

Congratulations, Hines. Pittsburgh loves you…..
    You make us proud. Your the idol our kids can look up to. Thank You for being You.

17. Tisha

Congratulations!! I know you feel blessed to be able to receive such an honor from President Obama!! It could not have gone to a better person!! You seem as though you are a great guy on and off the field!! So once again…..Congrats!!!!

18. jamie callahan

GOD is good, so you know what that means.with the president.giving you some prop,s steelers must kick
    new englands ass,all these people do up here is talk
    shit.im begging please kick there ass i don,t care if
    you never win another game. just kick there ass. and shut them up please.but i am praying that the steelers
    will win the hole thing.staying in front of the NFL
    with thee most champion ships ever.and may the good lord bless keep you safe. #1steelers & #1fan always

19. Donna

This does not surprise me….all of us Hines Ward fans already knew he was VERY special!!!! Love ya Hines….keep rockin it buddy!!!!

20. Bonnie Beck

This is so exciting for you,your Mom and for all your loyal fans! He couldn’t have picked a better person to represent this cause than YOU!! Love,Your #1 Fan…Me!

21. Patricia Nolan-Minder

Make us proud. You never disappoint, Hines. Shake them up in D.C. Congratulations! Who knows, you may have a career in politics next. Love #86. GO STEELERS!

22. Shirley A. Reed

Hines Ward I love the Pittsburgh Steelers but I so appreciate not only your football ability and great plays but your off field accomplishments. You are an awesome human being and it shows in your beautiful smile. Congrats you deserve the best.

23. Tammi

Congradulations, you deserve to be recognized for all the great work that you do on and off the field and you are a wonderful role model for all the young kids who admire you for your awesome football skills.

24. Lisa

What a great honor. Congratulations!!! You are a very positive role model. You deserve it, and President Obama made a very wise choice in his selection. Go Steelers!!!

25. Gayle

Yet another reason that you will definitely be elected to the Football Hall of Fame when you retire. Congratulations on being a great Football player, and and even greater human being!

26. Margie

Congratulations, Hines. You represent what a “Steeler” truly is to the fans. Thank you for being you and all you do for Pittsburgh, the Steelers and your fans.

27. christine

God be with you Hines. There is much corruption in Washington and this country needs men like you to get her back on track. I will be praying especially hard for you to keep you strong and in God’s will. Congratulations :)

28. Heather Kwiatkowski

Wow Hines that is amazing! I am so proud of you. I wish I was the president so I could meet you!! Hope we have a great season and please be careful out there. I love you Always, Heather

29. Selena M. Lowe

Congratulations Hines! Hats off to you. I am not amazed by your achievements,you always reached for the stars.Your future is bright and never settle for less than the best,you deserve it.Selena

30. José Luis Sierra Cuadra

Congratulations Hines!

You deserve it for sure! You’re an amazing human being, a wonderful ahtlete and a true inspiration for me every single day. God bless you always!

Greetings from Cancun, Mexico!

31. Robin Brecht

I would love to see the ceremony honoring you Hines. I work in DC so if there is any way to have some Steelers fans in attendance, that would be great. Congratulations!!

32. MDSteelerGal

You continually make us proud! Not just as a GREAT competitor and TOP Steeler player, but as a MAN!! Congratulations :-)

33. Diana in AZ.

All I can say is…I’m in awe. Being standing up & being proud of you goes without saying. You’re the BEST & my favorite STEELER! Love you WARD!

34. Dana Earl-Bruno

He couldn’t have picked a more honest, knowledgeable citizen to honor with this appointment. God Bless the USA and Hines Ward. We are a proud Steeler Nation today and every day.

35. Karen

Hines,Congratulations you really do a great job with the STEELERS ,HELPING HANDS. you are an inspiration to all Americans,and abroad.What an honor to receive this from President Obama I am sure your Mother is very proud of you. She sure raised a wonderful son. Keep up the great work and BEAT TAMPA!!!!! May God Bless you always, love you much!!!

36. Thomas

We all think that you are the ULTIMATE STEELER, in our era… Keep up the good work and do what you do best. Springfield, Ohio is a STEELER NATION town.

37. matt

hey hines, me and my wife drove down to pitt to see you take the panthers on in preseason. now were driving to buffalo for this weekends game. so we shall c you there. repersenting hines ward as usual.

38. James Stecker

Big fan of the team, since 1975! The team concept not only applies to team sports but to life after football. Your a great guy Hines and I’m sure you will have success after football as well, possibly politics – who knows! Have fun and live life well!

39. kay k

I’m from Atlanta and i’ve been a big fan of you not just because you’re an awesome player but you also give attention to the underprivileged people from korea and more. you are an awesome person inside and out.
    God bless to you and your family!

40. Kara

Dear Hines and the Steelers. Just to show how much my home town and a local super Market loves the Steelers . Please visit Face book and check out Leyo’s Supermarket Coalport’s – Steeler’s Fans Pictures. They are die hard Steeler fans. Congrads on the big win. Looking forward to this weekend.

41. Lydia

Congrats Hines! Not only are you a winning act on the field, and have been for numerous years, you are now representing your culture and helping others!! You are truly a hero and my role model!!! LOVE YOU!!!

42. Candace

Congratulations Hines on making ANOTHER trip to the Super Bowl!! I have been a Steeler fan forever but had to move to Texas from Pittsburgh some years ago. I am so excited that you guys are coming to Dallas, just down the road from me. I will do my best to get tickets so I can cheer you guys on!!! Go get ‘em Hines and bring home that seventh Lombardi trophy!!

43. JOHN

I AM A HINES WARD FAN EVER SINCE HE WAS A BULLDOG. MY ALMA MATER DIDN’T EVER HAVE A TOUGHER, MORE DEDICATED PLAYER. I PULL FOR HINES, SO I WILL PULL FOR THE STEELERS COME SUNDAY. HAVE A BIG DAY, FUTURE NFL HALL OF FAMER.

44. Lori & Ben Radford

Dear Hines,

I am writing to let you know about a 14 year old fan that is currently in the Hospital,…on February 4th
    he experience and AVM, which is bloodclot that burts and has been in the Hospital since then, undergoing several Brain Surgeries and therapy. He is a major Pittsburgh Steelers Fan, played Football this past Fall
    with the 8th Grade Piedmont Panthers in Monroe, NC.
    His name is Garren Janes,….The community has rallied around the Family and helping to get their home ready for him when he comes home,…it will be an adjustment as they have turned the garage into a bedroom that his handicap accessible. The Theme for Garren’s new room is a Pittsburgh Steeler theme. I invite you to see Garren’s Dad’s Blog,…….geoffrey janes,…his a Pastor at Southbrook Church here in Monroe. Mr. Ward…..please take the time to read the blog and see the progress the comuunity has made in building the room Garren needs to get better. His nickname is “Sunshine”. Thanks and feel free to email me if need be.

Lori & Ben Radford
    Monroe, NC

45. lorraine

Congratulations on all your success and accomplishments. Giving back to the community is an important and necessary requirement in our society. Keep up the good work on dancing with the stars.

Also, I just wanted to say you have a smile that lights up a room. Love it!

46. cindy

Hines you are a class act on and off the field. You also are doing very well on Dancing with the stars very smooth.

47. Edie

Thank you for representing Pittsburgh and the Steelers in a classy and honorable manner. When we travel and proudly wear our Steeler jerseys, we have a positive player to brag and brag and brag about and hopefully the comments about the player who left a black mark on the team and city will go away. Congrats and can’t wait until August.

48. Veronica

Hines, just a “steel town girl” wishing you the best! Please let Kym know that she is in our prayers and we hope she recovers. I know she will with you by her side. –V

49. phoenix

i am not happy that i don’t get to be in your special fan club!!! I am from oregon…so you would think that the seahawks would have been my team in the 80′s..i was born in the 70′s. I was a John L williams fan an though he was a RB and you are a wr…i see many similarities…I was a huge bo jackson fan…so much so that i had my senior pictures in high school taken in a raiders satin jacket..remember those? lol ….so i grew up and out of football..but dancing was my dream…and so i have been tuned into dancing with the stars…i am so deeply touched by your story and your dream…your charisma and your dedication to kim. you have grown into your dancing shoes….i am so impressed….i think i have fallen in love with you by watching you attentively care for and nurture yourself and kim into a rhythmically coordinated, talented dance partnership…i am all about the partnership…the connection the holds the follow trough, and the posture…you have it all!!!! i may have not seen you play football…but i have seen you dance…and i am now a huge fan!!!! to be honest i thought chelsea and mark were strong throughout the season and such…but A chelsea danced growing up..and B she has reached a plateau whereas you are growing and growing…ralph same thing he reached a plateau …..you keep reaching and elongating and growing…and i just cant say enough…i hope you read these comments…and i really hope that you have some time to respond…i would love to hear from you personally as would millions of others..but i want a date…i really want to go out and dance with you!!!!!

well may all your dreams come true and may that smile of yours shine light into the lives of kids who need the hope and the inspiration of a true athlete and gentleman. <3 xoxo Phoenix

50. phoenix

oh ya and one more thing you brought integrity back to PA after the michael vick crap…PA is lucky to have had you as their homeboy for awhile…same with the unites states and Korea…all very lucky…rise and shine!

51. Donna Powles

Hines, I think you have been wonderful along with Kym. I am writing for another reason as well. Every time you are on I cry (happy tears)I have not missed a show.My tragedy and unhappy tears come back after show but at least I have an hour. I lost 2 sons in 9 months 44 & 42 One fell done a fight of stairs and the other Hodge’s disease. Could I become an adoptive aunt (:-) Your mother is wonderful. I am white middle class and went through some of what you did. Not good at facebook twitter, etc.Thanks Donna dpowles@hamilton.edu
    twitter, etc. Thank you, Donna Powles

52. BRIAN

I READ AN ARTICLE ABOUT THE DANCING WITH THE STARS AND IT READ THE FORMER PLAYER OF THE STEELERS. WHATS WITH THAT ? I KNOW YOU DIDNT RETIRE. I FIGURED IT WAS A MISPRINT BUT WANTED TO DROP A LINE AND DOUBLE CHECK. CANT RETIRE YET WE GOT GET BACK AT THE NFC THIS YEAR. GOOD LUCK AND THANKS FOR BEING SUCH A GREAT STEELER PLAYER AND PERSON.

53. Donna Powles

Hinds,
    Was reading your blog again. I think your Presidential appointment to the Advisory Commission on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders is great. What an honor. With all that you do, all I can think of
    is how are going to be able to do everything. Knowing from all I have seen and listened to, you will!!! You are such an “honorable” man with big big heart.

Donna
    PS I am on pins and needles waiting for the finals of Dancing with the stars. I want you and Jym to win.

54. Phyllis

Congrats Hines. I was a BIG fan from the start. Your smile is infectious. And WOW what hip action. You should keep up the dancing, you are a natural for sure. Your mom must be so proud of you.
    Phyllis from Heber City Utah

55. pat

congrats!!!!!! this season was awesome and gave all of the town something positive to talk about . . . and it has been a good conversation piece. if the lock-out continues maybe you can have a dance camp for your fellow steeler players to practice your own halftime show even if it was to be a video at the scrimage line. if you have such a following at St. Vincent every summer, how many would be willing to pay/donate to your charity just to watch a rehersal? Add Kym as your majorette and it would be a winner!!!!!!!!

56. Eileen Ellsworth

Hines,
    First of all I want to say congrats to you—then of course you have such a warm and friendly smile that it definitely comes from the bottom of your heart. You are a very sincere person that puts true meaning to just being you! WTG—–and good luck with all of your upcoming adventures. See you in the fall. Take Care and again CONGRATULATIONS

57. Alysha Brown

Hines I think you are a really nice person and deserve what ever great comes to you.
    I would like to come to one of your games one day or meet you, but I know one day I will. Best of LUCK to you.
    Hines Ward’s #1 FAN.

58. Travis Johng

I first met you 2 days before your draft at U of GA as a Washington Correspondent of Seoul Broadcasting System. You have mentioned about how unfair it is for US born Ko-Ams to think they are more Koreans then you who were born in Korea and grew-up till you were 2.

Your words touched my heart and made me think on that subject for about 20 years now.

I am so proud to have as one of Ko-Ams and I thank President Obama to see your core value and appointed you as his Asian-American Advisor. Congrat, and thanks for being a greatest Korean-African-American.

59. Eric A. Benjamin

Just wanted to say congratulations on the job you do as a steeler. Your exemplary performance cannot go un noticed and i believe that you are a middle linebacker because you hit that way and then you kill them with your smile and your dance. I will be travelling to Heinz field for the first time to see a steeler home game on December 4, 2011 all the way from san diego looking forward to seeing you sir hinds ward.

God bless you

60. Thuy-Anh Vo

Mr. Hines Wards,

Congratulations! I was recently lobbying on Capitol Hill for the Amerasian Paternity Act with Gonzaga University, and I need your help! I am the daughter of an Amerasian, and I am in the process of trying to get it on the floor and to grant Amerasians residing in the US from the Vietnam and Korean wars automatic citizenship. I know that you out of all people understand the hardships of being an Amerasian, not belonging to the motherland or fatherland. I am trying to represent the voices of Amerasians who do not have the resources and ability to apply for citizenship. Because of the prejudice and discrimination that is faced in both countries, many are illiterate and cannot take the citizenship test. It is LESS about the benefits of citizenship and more about the feeling of belonging somewhere. The Amerasian “Homecoming” Act sought to bring our children back to America, isn’t that hypocritical if we bring them home but do not even grant them citizenship? Please also help me advocate for a program to be implemented that educates our soldiers on the consequences of what happens when they commit actions that result in Amerasian children! Because it happens during every war. When I spoke to legislative aid, Adam Goodwin, he mentioned your name. I am willing to do anything to get this passed for my community and more than anything for my Amerasian father who has given me everything so that I can be where I am today.

Please contact me!

61. Ron

Hines I have nothing but respect for you as an athlete. I have always enjoyed watching you play and the class and heart that you play with is refreshing. As an amature soccer player, I played until I could not play anymore. I accepted my diminished roles as I got older and it was difficult, but I would rather become a role player than not play at all. I think you can still get the job done and hope you will stay around as long as possible.

62. NOEL LOPREORE

my family’s dedication to the STEELERS started over 30 years ago with my brother (9 at the time) and Lynn Swan. They met at a tennis match in Las Vegas of all places. He was a wonderful man to my brother and they had a great day together. My brother was a die hard fan ever since. I have recently adopted the Steelers as my team to root for and have become a football fan since my brothers passing. I felt it necessary to pull for his beloved team. I feel honored to have adopted such an amazing team and group of men (and some women I’m sure). With your soon to be record breaking receptions you are now being compared to Lynn Swan and I can’t help but to feel emotional about this since he is where it all started. I am honored to root you on and want to thank you for giving yourself to this team and to your fans. This runs deeper than any Superbowl.
    Thank you for being you, such a standup man and athlete. God Bless you and your family!!
    Merry Christmas Hines!!

63. Kailyn Garcia

hi my name is kailyn garcia im 10 years old and i live in san tan valley az… i was wondering since you are retireing soon if i could send my jersey to you so you could sign it…????? you are my favorite player i call you my ( smiley guy) you would bring alot of happiness to my family if you could sign it. PLEASE ANSWER ME BACK

kailyn garcia

64. Angela Tolone

Hello Hines, I just wanted to say I admire you so much, and feel like I have a lot in common with you. My mother is also Korean and my father is italian, and I admire how much you adore your mother!! You are a well rounded guy in addition to being a great football player. I got to go to my first NFL games this year, went to Heinz Field Dec 8 for the Steelers/Browns game and also on New Years Day in Cleveland where I got to see you break the record! I was so thrilled to be there to see you reach that goal! Just wanted to say you are a great guy and I wish you a great off season of rest so you can go back next season and hopefully help us win another Super Bowl!

65. Macy T.

Hey Hines,
    Congrats! I’m so excited for you. I am a big fan! I love the Steelers but I love you even more. My dream is for you to respond to this message.

I have a disease called Celiac. It means I can’t eat gluten. I was so blessed it wasn’t contagious. Some people think I’m weird but I just ignore them because really… I could care less. I like my real friends. My mom has it too and when you do eat gluten you get bad aches or cramps. Mine was so bad I would fall to the ground and cry all night. It started actually a little after my birthday 3 years ago. I am in 5th grade now. Also my grandpa and my grandpa’s dad had it but they didnt know. When you have gluten when your not supposed to it increases your risk of stomach cancer. My grandpa and my grandpa’s dad died of stomach cancer.

I never got to meet my grandpa’s dad but I did meet my grandpa. I loved him and still do. God blessed me with the 5 years I had with him. Unfortunatley I was so young all I remember of him was what he was like when he was in chemo. I love it when my mom tells me about him even though tears fill up constantly for who knows how long.

Thanks,
    Macy

66. Wayne Williams

Congrats, Hines. You deserve every accolade you get. I just want to add one other thing. I’ve been a die-hard Steelers fan for 41 years. I grew up cheering for the Steelers of the 70′s, and my favorite Steelers back then were Jack Lambert on defense and Lynn Swann on offense. But I can honestly say, you are hands down my favorite Steeler of all time. You represent every single quality I admire in the Pittsburgh Steelers. Naturally, I hope you continue there until you decide to hang it up. But if that doesn’t happen, I just want to say thank you for the best decade and a half any fan has the right to ask of a player!

Wayne

67. Jenifer

I love you hines you are so awesome at football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! personaly i cried when i herd you are retireing im only 17 and iv followed you ever since I was littler i love you I will miss watching you play you rock!!!!! I LOVE the Steelers!!!!! I was born in pittsburg!!!!!!

68. Colleen Odato

no no no!! You can’t be gone from the Steelers. Please say it isn’t so! We love you always! Hugs, kisses, lots of love!

69. KT

On behalf of Steelers fans everywhere, thank you Hines for giving it your all these past 14 years. You’ve proven yourself time and again as a competitor, a teammate, and a champion. You are hands down the best receiver to ever put on a Steelers uniform, and if there’s any justice in the world, you’ll never pay for a beer in the Iron City again. Congratulations, thank you, and good luck in the future!

1. Christine

Good news on an otherwise sad day in Steelers nation. It won’t be the same without you Hines. I’ll forever wear your jersey whether or not you play for our team. We’ll miss you.

70. Ken M.

Hines,
    Thank you for being the personification of the Pittsburgh Steelers. You rank right up there with Joe Greene, Jack Lambert, Mel Blount and the other guys that made the Pittsburgh Steelers organization what it is today. I look forward to the day you are inducted into the Hall of Fame. And hope to one day see you on the Steeler’s sidelines coaching our young receivers. Particularly teaching them how a real wide receiver blocks!
    Thanks for retiring a Steeler.

71. Marlene Nardone

I, too, would really like to see #86 continue with the Black and Gold in another capacity. He has been and would be a fantastic ambassador for the Steelers. I’m feeling sad in NJ that I won’t see that familiar smile on display this coming football season.

72. McKinley Tolbert

I’m just 13 years old but I wanted you to know that you are one of the greatest players to ever play for the Steelers. I hope you have a great retirement. GO PITTSBURGH STEELERS !!!!!!

73. Mark J

Hines, I hear you are in Ct today, my kids and I would love to meet you. Let me know if that is possible M. Jemison.

74. Judy Hollifield

Hines I am a life time Steelers fan. Here is something I wrote for you.

Come and listen to

black and gold
    Steelers that is
    always and
    forever.

Thank You Hines for fourteen wonderful years

75. SHERI

Miss you, Hines!!! I have been a Steelers fan since the days I watched Terry Bradshaw and Mean Joe (just a little girl in a house full of Browns fans–not easy 0–but you are 1st on my list of all time favorite Steelers–and there are alot before you who were great, but you were the greatest in my book!!! :)